Thursday 14 January 2016

Oscar nomination time

It's been a great year for Irish film with 7 Oscar nominations including Brooklyn and Room both being nominated for Best Film. Both of these films were books that were adapted. Brooklyn is written by Colm Toibin and I loved the book and adored the film even more. You can see what I blogged about Brooklyn (when I saw it in November) here.  Room is written by Emma Donoghue who also adapted it for the movie. I haven't read it but I imagine I will go see the film. I was so pleased to hear that Brie Larson was nominated for Best Actress. I spotted her in "Trainwreck" and although playing a supporting role I thought she was an actress to watch and even mentioned her in a blog post back in August........and wasn't I right?! 

Of course now I'm torn between wanting Saoirse Ronan or Brie Larson to win!!

In other film news I was really sad to hear that Alan Rickman has died. I really admired him as an actor and loved his voice and presence. Some of the films that I thought he was marvellous in are Love Actually (which I will rewatch soon in his memory) and Michael Collins where he magnificently played De Valera.





3 comments:

  1. Thank you for this post - you have given the Oscars a new dimension . . . (gotta read those books, now - you've caught my attention)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read Room. It was disturbing but good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must add those book on my to-read list.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think