Saturday 14 November 2015

I adored "Brooklyn"





Amy and I have been excitedly waiting for Brooklyn to be screened in Ireland.  We loved the book and when we saw it was being made in to a film we made plans months ago to go see it together.  

It came out last weekend but we went to see it this Friday along with Alice & Katie.  

What can I say!  It was brilliant......quite possibly better than the book.  Saoirse Ronan as the lead character of Eilis Lacey is quite phenomenal (I reckon she will definitely be a contender for an Oscar).  It's an Irish-American story set in 1952 and I think it will resonate with many, if you get a chance do go and see it!



I had a lovely evening but then switched on the TV when I came home and saw the horrific news of the terrorist attacks happening in Paris.  My thoughts are with the people of France today.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think