Sunday 29 January 2017

La La Land - one of the best films ever!

Wow wow wow!  

What a film!

From the very start I knew I was going to enjoy La La Land. The opening scene was upbeat and uplifting and from there it just got better and better.

Emma Stone is a joy to watch and Ryan Gosling is broodingly engaging.

The songs, the costumes, the scenery - it's all so achingly gorgeous. And then the story on top is real and romantic and makes you want for a particular ending......but I'll say no more otherwise I'll give away the story.

What I will say is, do go and see this film!!





Having seen Jackie (disappointing) and Manchester by the Sea (a tough watch) I thought that La La Land would be the perfect antidote to both these films and I certainly wasn't wrong.

It was a lovely early morning trip to the cinema with my twin sister. It got us up and out on a Sunday morning with the only disappointing thing being that we came out of the theatre to a very rainy Dublin and had to cycle home in the cold rain.  But that was ok - we only had to cycle to the other side of the city to Amy's place and then a little further to my house!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think