Monday 30 May 2016

Back home to a great new Restaurant on Leeson Street!

I arrived home from Key West (watch out for some more blogs about my holiday over the next while) on Friday and have so far seemed to have very little jet lag!

On Friday night we had an early night with dinner at 6pm in Dillingers and then a drink outside O'Brien's.  It was a lovely evening so we popped in and got Bones and took him for a walk along the canal before we stopped off at the pub for a wee drink.

Then on Saturday night we attempted to get in to the new Restaurant "Forest & Marcy" that only opened a week or so ago. We got to the restaurant at 7pm and it was already completely full (it seats 25) but we gave our phone number and they said they would ring us if a space popped up. At 8.30pm (while in O'Brien's on our second drink) we got the call to say we could come around that there was a place for us. Happy Days!

Just as we began to look at the menu, I told Ciaran that the meal was my treat as we were celebrating his recent exam success. We then decided to have the Tasting menu (it was a celebration after all!) but also chose to start with an additional plate of cheese (by the end of the meal we were so full so maybe the cheese was not a good idea!). 

Here's photos of the food we enjoyed - I loved the lime tart to finish......it brought me back to Key West!.  All of the food was so unique and delicious tasting and as we left we wondered was it better than our favourite Ranelagh restaurant which is Brioche! 


 

 

 

 

 

 



Forest & Marcy is the sister restaurant of Forest Avenue which we are booked in to in August(!) - I think it could be the hip little sister!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think