Friday 13 November 2015

The drinks are on me!

My sister found this little gem of a drinks trolley for sale by a guy down a lane near her office in Dublin City near the historic Abbey Theatre. He is selling stuff from his garage every day from 12-3pm and she has bought things from him every now and again (including this chair). 

I am so happy that she encouraged me to buy this item - I think it looks perfect in my house and I was also very happy with the very reasonable price tag on it too!

Something else that was for sale was this Singer Futura 1000 sewing machine.  I was a little unconvinced whether this was a good buy but when I got home I cleaned it up and it grew on me.
The sewing machine can be lifted out and a wood panel can be put in to the space where the machine sits.  This means that the desk can be used for lots of other uses rather than just a sewing desk.

The desk/cabinet is marked as being made in France.


The machine was made in "West Germany" so it is certainly older than when the Berlin Wall came down. I would reckon it is from the 1970's. It can do lots of different stitches so I will have fun trying it out!

I carried it in from my car myself and also reattached the legs.  But I will need a hand to get it up to my studio so for the moment it sits in my hallway  :-(

1 comment:

  1. LOVE IT!!!!! It should be mine :-( wah wah waaaaah

    Anything on the sew machine/desk on the internet???

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think