Friday 27 November 2015

"Native Irish Dogs" by Shane McCoy

This Saturday a very special book is being launched.  It's a brilliant book and I consider it special because it was written by Ciaran's nephew Shane McCoy!  

Unfortunately we can't attend the launch (presumably Bones would have been welcome to attend too!) as we have another event on.  I am very disappointed about having to miss it but what can you do.....(it's actually the 2nd event I had to turn down on Saturday - normally my social life isn't this hectic but three events all coincided on this occasion).

I would have bought the book at the official launch but because I'm not going I visited Dubray Books in the Swan Centre and bought it there.  It was really nice to see it on display face out in the shop. I got very excited to see it for sale and I told the assistant that it was written by my husband's nephew.  He was very complimentary about the book and said that there should be a lot of interest in it as it was very nicely presented.



The book is full of marvelous pictures of dogs (photos are by Colin White) and is the perfect present for any dog lover this Christmas - it's available in all good book shops (€19.99 in Dubray) and also online.


It is really is a handsome hardback book. There are lots of things that I like about it.  The pictures are stunning - the dogs look magnificent.  The other thing I like is how the the name of the breeds are written in both English and Irish - nice touch! It's all in all a really well written informative book.  Well done to Shane!

2 comments:

  1. That looks brilliant! Well done Shane indeed!

    Lol at you telling the assistant that you know the author!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think