Sunday 11 October 2015

Harvey Norman Homeware & Christmas Merchandise

On my way home from work on Saturday, I called to Harvey Norman in Swords to buy Ciaran's birthday present.  His birthday is in a week so look out for a blog about that soon!

I can't remember the last time I set foot in a Harvey Normans and to be honest all I thought they sold was large furniture items.  I had found Ciaran's present online and they were selling it cheapest. They actually have a massive electrical department and sell everything from massive TV's to Nespresso Coffee Machines to iPads.

But what surprised me most was their homeware section. They have a very cute selection of lots of kitschy items.  
I really liked the look of this hipster mason jar lamp (which when I showed the pic to Ciaran he prickled his nose - par for the course as I can't buy anything for the house without his approval).  
They also had these fun brown paper lunch bags. These could be used for so much things but I think they'd be perfect if you were throwing an out door baby shower or hen party or something like this.

They also were also selling retro telephones in various colours. 

What do you think, do you like anything you see here?!

And then I discovered the Christmas Stock!!
So much lovely Christmas items!

I had picked a few Christmas Decorations but decided against them while waiting in line to pay.  Honestly, I don't know if I will have space on my Christmas Tree as I have been collecting decorations for about 20 years and have amassed quite the collection and the tree will be laden with them all. Add to this I have already bought a few new ones this year so probably best that I left these few!
 What I am going to focus on this year is the table decorations. This year we plan to be home for Christmas (for the first time in over 10 years, I think).  I will decorate the table about a week before Christmas so that I can enjoy it leading up to Christmas.

As you can guess, I adore Christmas but what I enjoy most is the simple things leading up to it. I love watching Christmas films with a nice Christmas candle burning while logs burn in the stove. 

Do tell me what your favourite thing about Christmas is, I'd love to know!






4 comments:

  1. Hello from Spain: great pics. I like kitschy items. I love watching Christmas films too. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol wrinkly nose Ciaran just like Diarmuid G

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading you picked stuff out - stood in line long enough to decide it wasn't going home with you . . made me smile

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think