Sunday 21 September 2014

Rock of Ages - Grand Canal Theatre

On Saturday night Amy, Katie and I went to see Rock of Ages in the Grand Canal Theatre.  

After an enjoyable dinner in Tribeca (3 rare burgers and 3 glasses of malbec!) we got a taxi down to the venue.



Look how close we were to the stage!!  3 rows from the front!

Rock of Ages was incredible!  Amy and I saw this show when we were in London and we absolutely loved it.  We said if it ever came to Dublin we could go see it.  And I can tell you we were not disappointed.

Noel Sullivan from the band Hear'Say starred as Drew.  Wow, what a singer! 
Along with Noel I think the cast were all super and I loved hearing all the '80's greats including"I want to know what love is", "Cherrie" and of course "Don't stop believing". 

A brilliant night in all and as I cycled back from the theatre on a Dublin Bike, I couldn't help but belt out "We built this city"!

After I left back the bike on Fitswilliam Square (no spaces left on Leeson Street Bridge) I then went and met Ciaran, and guests that were staying with us, in Birchills for a nightcap.  After an early start to this day to cook breakfasts for our guests I was ready for my bed when we got home at 1.30am!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think